Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's hard to love thy Neighbor!

I've sat at my window thinking, "God, do you really want me to love this person, this person who cares nothing for his own animal? That they just leave it outside, and bring it in when it suits them. Do I really care to love my neighbor, since they show no regard to myself? The same neighbor who shows no consideration for anyone else, by having a yard full of junk. God, how do I love any neighbor in that case?"

I think many people have to, at some point, realize that one of our greatest commandments, is almost impossible for us to embrace. We would rather skip over this commandment, in hopes that it won't matter so much in the end. My only option to show any love for my neighbor is to pray for them. I know we all have our struggles, and I can pray for their lives, and peace on them. I think God asks us to be selfless, and learn to love like God loves. It's what makes us human though, and flawed.

I will keep trying to "Love" my neighbor, but when we aren't able to find silence, because of their nuisance dog, I feel only malice towards them, for not being considerate. I'll keep trying, and in the meantime, I'll pray for us all, because we're all here together, trying to just get by sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. You are not alone in your despair. The barking problem has become huge and now constitutes a noise plague in many suburbs.

    The cause of the disharmony is human selfishness, ignorance and stupidity.

    Your blog title compares with my online Petition "Dog-free Communities" which can be signed here http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/dog-free-communities.html and readers may sign my other two Petitions here http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/dog-free-communities.html

    My Quiet Tasmania website at http://www.quietas.net was created over five years ago mainly to address Tasmania's barking plague, now an increasing necessity because our so-called regulatotory authorities refuse to tackle it. This site is very comprehensive.

    Quiet Tasmania News at http://www.pebri.net was created as a supplementary site. Both sites are colourful and informative.

    Interested persons may email me directly through small contact tabs scattered throughout both sites.

    There are more links to anti-barking sites here http://pebri.net/index_9.htm

    Quiet Tasmania sends you its best wishes to you and also our contratulations on a very well presented blog.

    Peter Bright
    Tasmania
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. First port of call for dog barking should be police. They are their 24/7 and the issue of barking is really a public disturbance issue, un-lawful!

    Matty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you say dog problems are now at epidemic levels, and still the authorities refuse to penalise the irresponsible, belligerent dog owner. While we have a large section of society who can use their dogs to harass, threaten, intimidate, injure and kill others, we will continue to witness a decline in society. And who squawks the most for law and order? Why, the law-breaking dog owners of course!
    Audrey, Qld.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want to read a comprehensive analysis of the entire dog problem across the world, go to www.barkingdogs.net . It's a U.S. site, but is relevant to Australia also. There is also an associated Yahoo Discussion Group. If you would like to contact a couple of us warriors in Austrlia, contact me at audreyp_robb @hotmail.com

    Audrey, Qld.

    ReplyDelete