Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pet Safe Basic Bark Control

In all the time I've posted on this blog, I only ever reviewed the Dog Silencer Pro. And I'll save you some time with that review. Basically, the concept works, but if there is any other noise that might set off the device it looses its affect. My overall experience with the Dog Silencer Pro was that it didn't solve my problem. There were also some design flaws that I won't get into, mainly it wasn't truly an outdoor product.

As for something that truly works, and that I can verify, up until recently I didn't have anything to recommend. But thank goodness something did work.

The short story:

My neighbors dog was becoming a real nuissance. I spoke to my neighbor and she was great. She agreed to work with me to help solve the problem. In the interim we exchanged phone numbers so we could text her if the dog was a problem. This was the best solution that no device could every accomplish...or maybe that would be a cool device, one that texts the owners when the dog barks... I digress. To help with the problem I gave her my Dog Silencer Pro to give the device a fighting chance, and put it in her backyard. That did not work, if anything it might have aggrevated the dog (which they say it will do, but who really wants to deal with additional aggrevation when it comes to a barking dog). Finally, my neighbor went out on her own and bought the Pet Safe Basic Bark Control collar. Eureka, problem solved, almost immediately.

So there you go, a simple but effective device and problem solved. The only problem, or challenge is convincing the owners of the dog you might have a problem with, is to get them to put a collar on their dog. But if you can, its a great way to gain back peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment