Friday, July 9, 2010

Dogs don't bark much when it's raining

It's a catch 22 with the weather we have been having in West Texas. At least for my household. When the weather is nice our neighbors dog is mainly left outside, and of course has been the main reason for me starting this blog and website. But when it's raining, there is not much activity outside, including dogs barking. So as for my review of the Dog Silencer Pro, it really has lost about a weeks worth of real testing because of the inconsistencies in the dogs patterns. However it may be, we have realized a significant decrease in the dogs barking. The other day though when the weather broke, my wife had to leave the house for a good part of the day because, once the weather was nice, the dog was out and barking.

We'll see, I still would like to maintain and help people by giving them the resources to report and stop nuisance barking dogs. I have spent countless nights reading posts by other horror stories, and also studies on the effect of this type of nuisance on a persons health. Eventually I would like to have as much information that could help with people suffering at the hands of inconsiderate neighbors, with handling them. Ideally our neighbors would realize the problem on their own and address it. Problem is most people maintain that if it bothers you so much move attitude. If only that option were so easy.

My wife and I would like more land eventually, but for now we plan on planting some hedges to help create a privacy and sound barrier. Limited as that might be, it might help if the dog can't always see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment