Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dog Silencer Pro, partial Review...

Well, I've been meaning to do a complete review on the Dog Silencer Pro. With my schedule, I haven't really had the time to really put together all my thoughts on the product in an organized, informative, blog yet. I will give a brief review for now, to give someone finding this blog for the first time, something to base their buying decision on.

First, the Dog Silencer Pro, definetly does something. As to completely silencing a nuisance dog, still up for debate. What I found more effective, was a call to Animal Control (actually my wife made that call). Being that the neighbors are right behind us, and we can see right into their yard, and the dog barks "at" us, my wife was fed up. Even if the barking was curbed, the barking wasn't completely ended. She documented the dog barking for an hour one day, and gave in, and begged Animal Control to do something. Animal Control seems to be very effective in our area at convincing the neighbors to be better animal owners. The Dog Silencer Pro may have trained the dog slightly. We did notice less barking when we were outside. But we also haven't had the Dog Silencer Pro on for over two weeks. That's one of my gripes about the product (so much for being able to use outdoors!), it's primarily for outdoor use, but if you get it a little wet, forget about it! So right now I have a Dog Silencer Pro that's sitting on the counter doing nothing for me. We'll see how they are about getting me a new one.

As for their 30-day guarantee. I didn't get a chance to test that. I kind of want to keep the product, and make some modifications to how I set it up, and the direction and height of it. But I'll get into those details in another blog. I will be testing their 1 year warranty. I'll let you know how that goes.

5 comments:

  1. I'm very glad I found your weblog. Thanks for the sensible critique. I and my girlfriend were just preparing to do a little analysis about this. I'm very glad to see such good information being shared freely out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for finding my blog. My wife and I live in a new house without a backyard neighbor, but we can occasionally hear a dog barking in the distance, and I cringe.

    As for this partial review, I did try out the warranty, and the company sent me a new unit. I decided to keep the product, and have been meaning to create a bird house to protect it in, if I need to ever use it again. Like I mentioned in the review, it does something. Plus if you put it on audible, the neighbors might get the point.

    I hope you are able to solve whatever problem you are working through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The folks at the company that sells the product tell me that the Silencer needs to be in line of vision to the barking dog. Which is a problem if he is behind a wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Hence another problem when dealing with another persons dog. Given the ideal situation, I believe the Dog Silencer pro might actually work. But there are unfortunately too many other variables that make it difficult to work as intended 100% of the time.

      I was going to go as far as make a bird house to put it in. But the device really needs to be pointed at the dog for it to be most effective.

      Ultimately, my last dog problem was easily resolved. Thankfully, my neighbor worked with me at solving the problem. She bought a collar, and that seemed to do the trick.

      Good luck if you having a problem. This is a subject I am always interested in hearing from people. I would hope that more would be done to let people know that dogs can be a real nuisance if left to bark out of control.

      Delete
  4. The dog silencer pro is old, they have a new version is call "The Dog Silencer". It better than old one and you can read more reviews at http://dogbarkhelp.com/dog-silencer-ultrasonic-bark-control-reviews/

    ReplyDelete