Monday, March 7, 2011

Completely Helpless!

Just the other day, Animal Control made another visit to our neighbors house because our neighbors dog has started up with its persistent barking. I'm not sure what to do next, and have sent an email to Animal Control. I'm not sure what else to do, its a upsetting to not be able to trust a neighbor, or worry about what they might do.

Below is my letter to Animal Control:

Thanks again for all your help. I did want to fill you in on the events that transpired after your response. The neighbor came over to my house, while my wife and son were home alone. He was not kind, and was confrontational. He told my wife that we need to stop reporting them. He also told us if the its such a problem, then we should move. Of course, this is not an option, and I do not have that kind of money. I called Animal Control before calling the Police, just to make sure I was within my rights. I am very upset, and concerned. We did call the police, and they came and talked to my wife. The police did go over to the residence, but no one was home when he went over.

We have now been confined to one room in our home, that is away from our backyard. Today, the neighbor left their dog out all day. And now the dog has barked consistently for over 3 hours. It is a slow bark, but it is a constant bark for attention, or to go inside. I don't know what else to do, and am very fearful of what this might escalate too.

The fact that someone came to my house, while I wasn't home, truly is upsetting. I am not able to protect my family, and feel helpless.

We continue to document, but are at a lost of what to do next. Is there anything else you can suggest. My wife is now also pregnant with our second child, and I don't want her stressed while she is pregnant. 


Any suggestions? I'm upset primarily, because now I am worried for my families safety. People can do funny things, regardless of who thinks they are right. When a person is upset, it makes for unpredictable situations. I love my family, and I only want to provide from them, all that I can. That includes a peaceful home to enjoy our time together.

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely contemptable and I am truly sorry that you have been put in this position by your neighbor, on top of being tormented by his barking dogs.

    It's one thing that I, a lone person, should be tormented by barking dogs and their rude, hateful owners, but for your neighbor to direct hostilities at your family and have so much disregard for you, your child and pregnant wife is beyond criminal.

    Since it seems that animal control/police are not helping, have you considered taking your case to court for an injunction or something similar? I can direct you to more information about this if you would like.

    I just don't understand why it takes an act of congress before the local authorities do their job of protecting law abiding citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please come to our site we have many who share their experiences as well as have ideas for helping you. Video of the dogs barking, and a log sheet will help. Also a small claims action may help you collect damages. If your in California your city should be doing more. See Noise control act California Health and Safety Code DIVISION 28. NOISE CONTROL ACT

    http://www.barkingdogproblem.org/forum/index.php

    ReplyDelete