Saturday, April 16, 2011

If it's not one - it's another!

What can I say, I'm glad the barking dog problem I've been having in my backyard is gone. But go figure, I have a neighbor who's house is near my front bedroom windows. Thankfully the dog has not been bad enough to start a log, but it sure does get annoying. My wife and I have decided to not actively engage this neighbor through reporting or other means. We were really hoping a nearer neighbor might get involved, and do their own reporting. I know the dog must be bothering nearby neighbors to the dog owner.

I'm still amazed at how awful and inconsiderate neighbors can be. I've got nothing else to vent about, I just would love to not hear the dogs barking, anywhere anymore. I've definitely been ruined by barking dogs, and have little patience when I start to hear a large dog barking. Not sure what options a person has in any neighborhood other than reporting.

Please, if you have a dog, be mindful of the dogs noise. It's amazing the ill affects a barking dog can have on a person. As I type this, I'm drained of my energy and any motivation, the dogs barking simply drains me.

4 comments:

  1. I so so so feel your frustration, anger and despair. 7 years of constant barking, from multiple neighbours. No peace still. One dog alone has been at it for 6 years. As I write this another annoying rat terrier is at it. Talking to the neighbours generally has no impact. One neighbour decided that receiving a council citation in response to my complaint was cause to verbally abuse my children whilst they played in their own backyard.

    Barking dog noise is life draining. My most recent relief came when one especially incessant dog died, hallelujah! But then its neighbour dog took up the slack and is just as bad. I totally feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz8EKxuMWVI
    I have several barking videos..unbelievable
    i wish it was quiet everywhere i adore the peace when i have it which is seldom. been at this for years trying to get something done. animal services is under new direction and they are supposed to come talk to me...why they need to it is beyond me..just fine these people over and over and they will get the message. But, don't tell them to waive the fee in the same breath! Yes, I love a barkfreezone. Thank you!. Cathy LOUISVILLE KY>>>THE POSSIBILITY CITY! maybe!my husband says DONT COUNT ON IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. crowgryl, I have created a new post with your video. We can only hope that people start realizing the severity this problem. Good luck, and keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are way too many negligent dog owners and rude neighbors. I, too, have been ruined - severely damaged - by barking dogs. It's the most horrific experience I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete