Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dog Silencer Pro, on 1 year warranty...

First things first. Our Dog Silencer Pro has been inoperative now for over 3 weeks. I have been busy, and finally sent in a request to the company for a replacement. I am well outside of the 30 day guarantee. I wish I would have tested their 30 day guarantee, but I thought I would like to keep the product for times if the dog acts up. Thankfully, can't really say thanks to the Dog Silencer Pro for sure,but the dogs barking has been curbed. As for the dogs less barking, this happened well after the product stopped working. As for the inoperative device I have now, I am still waiting a response from the company. The website says they will replace or repair product within one year. I sent the request Sunday night. They say to wait 1-2 business days. It's 10:31 pm Tuesday, and I'm pretty sure that makes it the end of the business day....still no response. I'll wait until tomorrow to see if they finally respond.

One reason I wish I had just returned the product, is in the time we haven't had the Dog Silencer Pro, my wife decided she needed something to curb the dog one day (my wife is a stay at home mom, and hears most of the barking when everyone is gone, and dogs are left out all day). So she went to Pet Smart and bought another dog silencing device. I'll post later on that one, don't have the specifications in front of me. I already like the design much more, even with the shorter range. It's built like a bird house, and because of that, is less susceptible to the rain damage. The Dog Silencer Pro only came with a cheap plastic cover they call a rain cover. From what I can see, it just does a good job of muffling the sound, and traps moisture so it stays trapped inside the plastic. In the time the cheaper model has been up, we've noticed the dog barks, but with less frequency. Of course during the day I'm only going by my wife's reports, but judging by her mood, it seems less.

So to conclude my rambling, I'm not so thrilled by a couple of things with the Dog Silencer Pro. If they get back to me and follow thru with honouring their warranty, I might be a little less peeved. But for now my $100 plus has merely been for a failed experiment in dog silencing devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment