Saturday, June 5, 2010

Another place to vent for Annoyed Neighbors of Barking Dogs!

I am now suffering from physical pain. My body aches, I perspire from the stress, my heart has been racing, and I have a difficult time focusing. It's amazing what a barking dog can do to someones body, and ability to just relax. Especially in your own home. We now have 2 back yard neighbors with dogs that are left out barking with no attention. I spoke to one of the neighbors, and he seemed receptive, but after a week, it has proved ineffective. Second neighbor is 2 houses down, and I have reported that one to the Animal Control. That tactic works, but over time the neighbor forgets about any warnings received and they revert back to bad habits, and the dog barks again. I now must repeat the process with Animal Control and hopefully find peace with the second neighbors dog.

Either way, it has now become a part time job just managing my life and stress that has come from these nuisance dogs. My poor wife and I have been at each others throats because of the added stress that comes when you are unable to relax in your own home.

This blog is really just a place for me to vent for now. I would like to create a place to help people with reporting nuisance dogs or noise in a safe and anonymous way. One problem I found with current reporting methods is it requires you to divulge all your personal information to the authorities. Although I understand the reporting methods, it unfortunately prevents people from reporting problems because of the possible implications that come from "ratting" out your neighbor. The reality is, people are not so receptive to you if you are telling them, "I have a problem with...."

I would like to start a program that would allow us to report any noise problems related to loud people, music, dogs, etc. anonymously and with some effectiveness, while staying within the law.

With that said, please post all your stories of nuisance neighbors. If enough of us our out there, maybe we can make a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment