Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dog won't stop barking!!!

It's upsetting to be part of a neighborhood sometimes. Especially when there is no consideration for each other. My family is pretty quiet. Actually we could be seen as kind of boring. But what we enjoy is just relaxation, and that comes with soothing noises. Not nuisance noises produced by a dog not properly trained. I don't have anything against pets, so much as I have a problem with their owners. Dogs bark for a reason, if the reason is not valid, the owner needs to remedy the problem. Otherwise a dog just becomes the source of much anxiety to the neighbors.

Today I went out to do some yard work. I had my Ipod on, and couldn't really hear much else, other than my music. But when I shut off the lawn mower to come in for a break, my wife was in tears. Our neighbors dog, had been barking non-stop the entire time I was out mowing the yard. Even the sound of the lawn mower wasn't enough to drown out the nuisance noise produced by the dog. The dog barked for over 45 min, enough to bring my poor wife to tears, of helplessness. I told her to take the baby for a drive, to unwind. The sad thing is I had to ask my wife to leave her own home for peace and quiet. There is something horribly wrong when you have to leave your own home to find peace.

I am currently designing a website, BarkFreeZone.com, I'm hoping to bring to everyone's attention the proven emotional effects nuisance noises have on people. There are ordinances in place to address these problems, but I feel they need to be taken more seriously. Most of the actions you can take are limited, or require legal intercession, with no guarantee of a resolution. Plus, you make yourself vulnerable to your neighbor and any retaliation. If there is a legitimate documented problem of a nuisance dog there should be action taken to eliminate the problem.

Please chime in if you too are suffering from a barking dog or dogs. I encourage everyone to support a Bark Free Zone in all neighborhoods!

No comments:

Post a Comment