Saturday, June 19, 2010

Morning Swim, Limited Dog Barking!

Wife and I went for a morning dip in the pool. About 5 min into the swim, I heard the neighbors dog barking, but it was from inside their house. Figure the dog wanted outside, and about 2 minutes later, they let him out. He was pretty good for about 10 minutes, then he made a couple barks. But I must say, they were short lived. I went to see if the Dog silencer was blinking, and it was. Verdict is still not out on it's effectiveness. But I did enjoy my swim, and aside from a few yaps, it wasn't like it was before. Time will only tell.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what these neglectful neighbors are like. I can't remember if Holly said you had approached them about the barking. I want to know what your encounter with them was like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually drove to there house. Go figure my backyard neighbor I have to drive to get to them. But I knocked on the door and asked their daughter if her parents were home. She didn't get them, so I just told her that her dog was barking a lot and even at night, so could they please keep him from barking.

    After I got home, I went out back to work on the pool, and her dad came outside to see me. He was actually pretty nice, I reached thru the missing slats in our fence to introduce myself and shake his hands and let him know how thankful I was to meet him. He apologized for the dog and let me know that it wasn't his, but it was actually his daughters who was only staying with him temporarily. But hindsight points out to me his body language wasn't so friendly and a comment he made only left it open for his dog to bark whenever. He said as we finished our interaction, "Sorry for the barking, but I can't control him all the time" I should have known then he wasn't going to keep up with this pet, neither would his family.

    But the encounter wasn't actually bad at all. We are however not very friendly towards one another, they don't even acknowledge us when we are in our yard. And as I finish my post to you, I hear the dog barking....Grrr

    ReplyDelete